Storm Insurance Claims – Hiring a Contractor
The tornadoes that hit last Friday are long gone, but the damage left behind will keep insurance adjusters busy. Claims are being processed as quickly as possible. The repairs start after the damage is assessed. You’ll want to understand your policy before you begin the repair process.
And before you hire a contractor…..
• get estimates from several licensed, bonded contractors
• check credentials with the better business bureau
• inspect contractors` licenses and proof of liability insurance
• if work is done without your permission, don`t pay
• avoid paying money up-front.
It`s your property and you want to maintain control over the restoration process